Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Effective Financial Management - Bellerive
This free workshop being delivered at the Blundstone Arena Function Centre has a focus on enabling SME managers and owners to become confidant with finance terminology and to understand the linkage between effective financial management and your business strategies.
Participants will gain an understanding of how to structure a business to ensure best practice in financial management are embedded into everyday operations, including:
- How to understand financial reports
- What is the Chart of Accounts and is yours poorly designed?
- The importance of Cash Flow projections and management
- What your Balance Sheet shows you about the business
- Understanding your Profit and Loss report
- Using financial reports in business decision making including exploring the importance of budget processes and financial forecasting
- Protecting the business with internal controls
- Introducing accountability through reporting
- Identifying typical financial risks for SMEs
- Exploring the linkage between financial management and delivering on future plans and strategies
- Developing and understanding of your legal responsibilities as a Director, Owner and/or Manager.
This workshop is designed to benefit small and medium Tasmanian businesses.
This is a free workshop hosted by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Entrepreneurs' Programme in partnership with Business Tasmania.
Please arrive at 8:30am for a 9:00am start at the Blundstone Arena Function Centre.