Food & Beverage Innovation Workshop
Northern Tasmanian Food Network Food & Beverage Innovation Workshop
Developing and Testing New Food & Beverage Product Ideas: Tools, Tips & Tricks.
This 6-hour workshop will inform, inspire and connect local small businesses that have already had success with a food or beverage product and are now looking for to diversify, grow and export.
- Explore examples of recent global food trends, covering snacks, dairy, protein, plant-based, beverages, convenience and condiments,
- Provide tools and techniques for creating an innovative environment,
- Learn how to develop and rank ideas for new food products,
- Share tips and tricks for improving product quality and consistency,
- Discover how to plan and perform real-life consumer testing of your product, and
- Facilitate meaningful connections with other businesses locally.
Participants will be inspired by real-life examples of product and brand diversification done well (or not), empowered with tools to use in their own businesses to obtain meaningful consumer feedback, receive tips and tricks to improve product safety and consistency and be inspired to develop marketing and promotional activities, whilst making meaningful local connections.
This workshop is usually valued at $395 per participant, but thanks to support from the Northern Tasmanian Development Corporation, The Van Diemen Project and the Tasmanian Government's Small Business Growth Program is being offered at a subsidised rate.
The workshop will be immediately followed by a Northern Tasmanian Food Network meetup. This event will include a networking session and Q&A panel from local food businesses. Attendance at this meetup will be included as part of your workshop ticket.
Attendees at the workshop will also have limited access to a free one-on-one mentoring session with the presenter on Thursday, 16 July. More details will be sent to you on registration for the workshop.
About your Presenter
This workshop will be led by an industry-experienced, retail savvy & enthusiastic facilitator, Dr Hazel MacTavish-West. Hazel has informed, engaged and inspired fresh produce businesses around the country and Europe with her food innovation and focused workshops - and this workshop will be no exception.
Feedback from Previous Workshops
- “A fantastic opportunity to network & to listen to thought-provoking experiences & knowledge in fresh innovation”. Damien Odgers, BASF Vegetable Seeds.
- “This day is the creative business reboot workshop that every farmer & food industry professional needs to attend, in order to understand the achievable solutions to the farm & fresh produce issues you don’t know you actually have”. Lisa Brassington, @AgPeriUrban
- “A sensational summary of global insights & tools for product development that provides actions to take away”. Gemma Boase, OneHarvest.
- “Excellent blend of theory, practical exercises & case studies provided for a useful & highly informative workshop. Presenters highly knowledgeable & lively delivery of information”. Patricia Elphinstone, WA.